Be sure to check out the development of my free eBook, "Stock Investing Basics."

Want to learn how to sell anything online? Here's how.

Double your rental movie capacity

Posted by billspaced | 10:13 AM | | 0 comments »

Blockbuster is offering Netflix subscribers a deal: With each red Netflix tab a subscriber brings into a Blockbuster retail store (and you Netflix users know what I mean), he gets a free rental from Blockbuster.

Surely, it's a way to build a database of potential customers. From my research, both services are very similar in terms of price and packages. I don't know about the service of either, not being a subscriber to either one (I have a 1-year old and don't have time to tie my shoes let alone watch 90 minutes worth of mostly bad movies).

But if you watch movies anyway, especially if you subscribe to cable or satellite, Netflix or Blockbuster might be the way to drastically reduce part of your entertainment bill.

This is how I might do it: Sign up for Netflix. Get that going. Then save all those red tabs into Blockbuster, sign up as a member in their store, and get FREE movies. Then take the Blockbuster trial and see whose service is better. Then drop one after this promotion is over.

If Blockbuster is successful at winning some Netflix customers over, you can be sure that a price war might escalate. Customers win all around, assuming service levels do not deteriorate (big assumption, I know).

View blog reactions

0 comments

Post a Comment