Be sure to check out the development of my free eBook, "Stock Investing Basics."

Want to learn how to sell anything online? Here's how.

Credit Card Arbitrage Not Worth the TIME

Posted by billspaced | 7:31 AM | 1 comments »

credit card arbitrage
The Frugal Dad did a piece on using 0% credit card cash advances for profit. His analysis is spot on: It's not worth the risk, and it's certainly not worth the time and headaches.

Credit Card Arbitrage Not Worth the Risk | Frugal Dad

Here's a "pro" arbitrage article. It's really not worth the time, in my opinion, though when I was mired in debt, it sounded like a great way to "stick it" to the credit card companies. They often found a way to stick it to me...but maybe it was just me and my lazy way of doing things.

View blog reactions

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // 5/29/2008 7:38 PM  

    I understand Frugal Dad's position, but for many people, the money is too tempting. When I got a $30K limit card and saw the offer of 0% along with a maximum $75 fee, I took the money, bought a 1 year CD, and spent 5 minutes setting up the 11 minimum payments from my online account, along with the final payment. This is when the rate was still 5% so I'm ahead $1425, nearly $1000 after taxes. This sum is over a week's pay compared to mean family income.
    Joe

Post a Comment