- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Hang it up.
- Don't overdry your laundry.
- Let the dishwasher do the work.
- Put your PC to sleep.
- Turn down the heat in the winter, and turn down the cool in the summer.
- A cold hearth for a warmer house.
- Lower the shades and raise the windows.
- Put a spin on home cooling.
- Take care of your air conditioner, and it will take care of you.
- Spend less for hot water.
- Think twice before turning on the oven.
- Use the right pan.
- Read the label.
- Dust off the Crock-Pot.
- Clean the coils on your refrigerator using a tapered appliance brush.
- Drive steadily--and a bit slower.
- Roof racks are a drag.
- Stick with regular.
- No loitering.
- A tighter home is a toastier home.
- Try do-it-yourself low-E windows.
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Switch to those funny-looking fluorescents.
By the way, Consumer Reports is one of the few magazines where I'd say that the subscription is worth the cost -- and then some!
ConsumerReports.org - 20 free ways to save energy