Be sure to check out the development of my free eBook, "Stock Investing Basics."

Want to learn how to sell anything online? Here's how.

The True Value of Our Currency

Posted by billspaced | 10:18 AM | | 0 comments »

I went to a convenience store today to pick up a pick-me-up and handed over $3 for a $2.93 purchase (big spender).



The person running the register (most likely a store owner) gave me a dime back in change.



I know, it's only 3 cents extra. But aren't these guys in the business of making money? I would have given 7 cents in change. I'm a mathematical genius.



Put another way, she gave me almost 50% too much in change. Isn't that weird? Does this indicate the disdain shopkeepers and store owners have for the US Dollar?



I know she wasn't out of nickels or pennies, so the correct change was certainly within her grasp of giving.



What does this mean? Have you had an experience like this? Tell me about it in the Comments.



Like what you've read here? Subscribe to Money Hacks by Email.

View blog reactions

0 comments

Post a Comment