Be sure to check out the development of my free eBook, "Stock Investing Basics."

Want to learn how to sell anything online? Here's how.

Disneyland, Getting Laid Off, and Children

Posted by billspaced | 1:48 PM | 1 comments »




Well, I finally got my walking papers. Not exactly, but close enough. I was in Disneyland when the packet arrived detailing my end date. It's July 31. That should give me enough time to find a job, provided the economy doesn't flush all the way down the toilet!

The bonus is I get "incentive pay" to stay (as if anybody needs incentive right now to work, given the rising unemployment and cruddy news every single day).

I do have to say that being on vacation all week and never turning on the TV was refreshing. I did go online a few times, but only to check email (sorry to those who emailed me and expected my usually very prompt reply -- the Wi-Fi at the Residence Inn was great but it had one glitch -- I could not send out any gmail replies...so, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but you should hear from me no later than tomorrow), so I didn't see or hear anything about the goings-on in the world.

I suppose that since I'm able to post this, the world didn't end.

My kids had a blast at Mickey's house. They did have their meltdowns, and, sad to say, so did mommy and daddy. But all's well that ends well, I suppose.

The crowds were small, the lines short, and the food had improved since last time we were there (2 years ago). All in all, a great time was had by all.

I highly recommend the PCH Grill in Downtown Disney. It's a buffet-style setting and we got to meet Lilo and Stich, Daisy Duck, and Minnie Mouse. Great photo opps!

And the food was surprisingly excellent. They even do omelets made-to-order. Nice.

Any way, that's it for now. Look for some posts to come down the pike pretty soon (after I recover). Oh, by the way, if you want to get in shape in a week's time, stay in a hotel over a mile away and make two round-trips per day, with two under 3 years old, in a giant double stroller loaded with food, clothes, diapers, Mickey Mouse stuffed animals, Mickey ears, and the works.

Buy some good shoes before you do it and make sure you break them in!


Money isn't everything. It's the only thing. Wait. That's only for football.
Enjoy life. Spend time with your family.

View blog reactions

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // 1/05/2009 7:24 AM  

    I'm so fed up with waiting to get a job i started making some money on the web until I can find something. Its not much but it helps pay a bill or two. You can go to http://cashcrate.com/996129 and do some of their survey offers and get some decent cash.

Post a Comment