Be sure to check out the development of my free eBook, "Stock Investing Basics."

Want to learn how to sell anything online? Here's how.

Do You Backup Your Data?

Posted by billspaced | 6:01 AM

If you don't back up your data, one day your data will be lost. Maybe not all of it...but some of it will become unrecoverable. I know. It's happened to me. And I'm a computer geek. I "never got around to it." Just like I never got around to getting a car alarm on my truck quite a few years back -- UNTIL it got broken into.

Don't wait around like I did, waiting for the inevitable data disaster. There are a host of really great backup programs out there. Some are "traditional" in the sense that you go to the store (or download it) and buy it. Some are "freeware." Some are online, like Mozy and Carbonite.

I've used both of these online solutions, and, while limited, they offer some compelling advantages.

I've chosen to back up my stuff on a separate physical hard drive and my most critical gotta have it stuff online. Online is great, too, for the data you need access to at any time but didn't have the foresight to bring with you.Hard drive disaster?

If you wait until your hard drive freezes or fizzles out on you, you can still get your data back. It just may cost you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.

It's like the old FRAM commercial: "You can pay me now, or you can pay me later."

View blog reactions

Post a Comment